Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Experiment Three: The Plan

TO UPLOAD: 
Hand drawn ideas of layout - Try to overlay plan on model
Images of the Sketchup Models I have made so far


The Mission: choose a plan from the lecture on Thursday the 21st of May and use it to develop your work. You should use it as a basis for a section through the building/school. 

[My plan - Zaha Hadid: Irish Prime Minister's House]


source: http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/culture/alvin-boyarskys-collection-of-art-works-on-display-for-first-time/8669888.article

I chose the above plan as a basis for my own section because it introduced some interesting ideas for me: The idea of a private space imposing upon a public one, intersecting it and interrupting it; the combination of linear and nonlinear form which creates a cohesive space; and the use of irregular shapes. These three ideas, in my opinion, add to my concept of destruction and fragmentation as a means to create public/private spaces that are versatile.



[Plans of a fragmented trifecta]





[Draft Lumion Model]




[My Musings]
Below are the original hand drawn ideas that I have come up with in regards to the layout of my building. I have decided that separating the building into five parts would be the most logical and useful way to configure the layout.

As you can see, I built upon the idea of 'destruction' in order to come up with some ideas for the aesthetics of the building. Now, it seems, my focus has changed from five elements - flood, fire, avalanche, drought, and storm - to one: crumble. 










The moving elements in my design have therefore changed.



No comments:

Post a Comment