So this week we had a few tasks to complete. The first of these was to draw up a 6x6 pattern for 36 different textures that we brainstormed in groups in class, dividing them into group of above, below and in between.
[My Beautiful Words/ Original Drawings]
[Below Textures]
[Above Textures]
[In Between Textures]
The next task we had was to put some of our textures into our Sketchup Model. So I guess I should mention at this point that this week I restarted my model. Again. At least I am getting fast at it now??
[My Progress on my model at the early stages of the week... I think my building is turning into a dragon]
The textures I developed and how I used them are seen below:
[Texture One]
[Texture Two]
[Texture Three]
As well as that, we also had to put a scale image of the products into our models, so it is off to Google Warehouse to download an image of a motorbike and of a guy wearing a watch. The point of this is to create a sense of space and scale within the building.
[Man and bike in Hazan workshop]
[Rolex Man standing in gallery Space]
[Several people in Finalised Gallery Space]
[Person in work Pod in Rolex Workshop]
[Rolex Workshop with people inside]
The next thing that we all had to do was to find a video that somehow 'reflects' our building (I am so punny and you don't even know it yet!)
So the main concept behind my stairs for the Rolex team is that the railing along the staircase has a hood over it that, with the fabulous use of engineering (sorry all of you engineers out there), will reflect the watch and the wearers wrist onto the ceiling of the gallery space before the model even arrives into the room. That way everyone will be able to see the watch!
^^Do you get my funny joke now?
So the video that I chose was a science video on mirrors and how they work. Enjoy!
[Video: How Mirrors Work | A moment of Science | PBS]
















No comments:
Post a Comment