Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Week One Task: Sketch-up Words

The very first task we were assigned to do was to draw up 18 sections based on two sets of the verbs, adjectives and nouns that we came up with in Task one.

Words: Mechanism, Moving, Sleek, Circular, Ticking, Masculine

[My 18 Sections]





















Then, we had to pick just one of our sections and draw model it on Google Sketchup....

[Section that I chose]




...And take two screen shots to prove that we actually did the work:

[Screen shot One]

[Screen shot two]

Then we had to list out the material properties of our spaces:

[Material Properties of top space]
Roof - Granite
Base - Copper
Donut - Steel and vegetation
Water feature running through

[Material Qualities of bottom space]
Tubes - Steel and coloured concrete
Orbs - Coloured concrete
Datum - Grass and glass panels

At the time I wrote some super inspirational quote about how "this is such a great learning experience!" and "How amazing it is to be able to use Sketchup a bit now"

^^Oh, how naive I was then! So full of optimism and hope!

Little did I know at the time that I would go on to redo this model again...

[Second Model]




And even change the section I was modelling to create a third model...

[New Section]



[Final Model]




And after all that FINALLY (finally!) make it out on the other side with a complete model!

No comments:

Post a Comment